View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by schminksbro View Post
It never ceases to amaze me that people think the climate isn't a factor. Lots of kids playing on the pond in Phoenix. The sunbelt teams will never be as successful as the cold climate teams.
Precisely why they shouldn't have swimming pools in the north. The climate isn't good for it. It's not natural. Water will freeze up there. I think that all swimming pools north of the Mason Dixon Line should immediately be contracted or relocated to the sunbelt, where people actually deserve them and kids can play in them. Swimming will never be as successful in the north as it is in warm climates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
Include me in that list. The contrast between the games I attended in Nashville versus Tampa Bay was pretty striking. The Predators have dedicated fans who genuinely enjoy and even love the game of hockey. The Lightning ... both times I went to games there (in different seasons), I walked out wondering why Tampa Bay has a hockey team. The fanbase seems to barely care, despite the Cup banner in the rafters. I didn't want to think that way, but that's the impression they gave me. I hope Yzerman can turn that around.
Wow - when did you go to these games? For a while after we won the Cup we were right up at the top of the league in attendance, even in spite of the lockout that cost us a full season. Then Koules/Barrie came in and almost destroyed the franchise and things got bad, but the last couple of years since Mr. Vinik purchased the team the crowds have returned and the arena is rocking.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote