Old
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 4800
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back Scuderi View Post
I want to claim an advantage here, but doing so is mostly because I'm not sold on Levinsky. I like Reid here a lot. I was very high on Lamoureux coming into the draft but the war year concern does loom. I still think he's better than Boucher, but I'm sort of giving him the benefit of the doubt and putting a lot of stock in war year all-star votes in doing so. I mean his career basically started and ended when the war years did. I'm less willing to do the same with Levinsky until I learn more. Unless Levinsky was more than a role player on those teams I see the edge of Reid over him as the swing in Pittsburgh's favor here.
Reid impresses me. He lugged a decent amount of ice time for being a non-factor offensively. Here's what I've got in Levinsky:

-Known mostly as a stay at home defenseman that had good skating ability. Despite being known as a stay at home defenseman, he finished 11th, 6th, and 14th in scoring among defensemen. It's nothing tremendous considering there weren't that many regular defenseman, but the fact that he was known as a stay at home defenseman, but still put up solid point totals, says something.

-He played 8 straight seasons in a league with 8 or 9 teams who had probably 4 regular defensemen. For 8 straight seasons, he was a top 32 defenseman in the world, and he wasn't near the worst in the league.

-Played for two Cup winning teams, playing likely as the #4 defenseman(behind Horner, Day[his partner] and Clancy) for the '31-32 Leafs and was probably the #3 defenseman(behind Seibert and Wiebe) for the '37-38 Blackhawks who won the cup.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote