Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART V
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 04:21 PM
StumpNYI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
The best part about Strome(if he wins a spot) is what he could do for guys like Bailey and Okposo. Having a guy as talented as Strome playing between those two could really spark them offensively. I expect to see Boyes get a shot on the top line(then Nino if Boyes fails), leaving Bailey and KO on line two. The potential for a quality top-6 lies in the hands of Strome, IMO. The trickle-down effect would be tremendous as well, considering that would bump Nielsen to the 3rd line to center Grabner and one of Ullstrom/Nino/Joensuu.

It's almost crazy, but if Strome makes the team and is successful in year one we should have one of the deepest top-9's in the league.
Bailey and Okposo is a very interesting case. Okposo is Bailey's key to 2nd line minutes. They have had awesome chemistry since day 1. Take a guy like Comeau for example, when he played with Okposo and Bailey there was some hype that he could be a solid top 6 guy. We all know how that turned out. I think with those two on the ice together there is more space for the 3rd forward, be it center or wing. They may help Strome as much as he helps them considering that 3rd guy can do magic with available space. Might be a good fit for him if he makes the team as a center and Bailey on LW.

Though I do want to see him spend some time on JT's wing at some point. Sweet music is sweet.