View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
The Oilers can win with Horcoff as a 3rd line center because Horcoff is capable of being an average 3rd line center. If you put Horcoff on a team like the canucks in Manny's spot that team still wins games, NO?
What the hell is this ramble jamble?

I'll tell you what it is, its a false positive. Something you are stating as true but is completely false because there is absolutely no evidence to support any of it.

Let's break it down:

Quote:
The Oilers can win with Horcoff as a 3rd line center
Facts:
-The Oilers have never had Horcoff play as a 3rd line minutes in the past 7 years
-Last time Horcoff played less than 1st line minutes(03-04) the team missed the playoffs.
-As a leader of the Oilers the team has won jack ****.

Quote:
Horcoff is capable of being an average 3rd line center
Facts:
-Can't find any facts here because I don't know the last time Horcoff actually played a 3rd line role.

Quote:
If you put Horcoff on a team like the canucks in Manny's spot that team still wins games
Facts:
-Vancouver has won with various 3rd line centers
-None of those centers costed them 5.5million a season

Going back to your earlier comment of buying him out the next off-season, is that still going to be a possibility and be a free buyout and not have the cap hit spread out over twice the length of the remaining contract?

If the answer is no well then it's that simple they need to cut the dead weight and use the get out of jail free card when they can. Whether they have a realistic repalcement next off-season or not. You can't tell me it's impossible to find a serviceable 3rd line center replacement via the FA market or cheap via a trade.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote