View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawthorn35 View Post
I played aginst Jost,Gingras,Uy and Mcarnan in spring this is what i thought of the gingras is a talented guy that isen't afraid to go to the dirty areas,jost is fast but he doesn't have the best hand,Mcarnan is a big strong big hitter with a great shot,Uy has size and is just an all round good player
Thanks for your input!

I can tell you that the Vancouver Midget team called up Nathan McCarnan to play in the Richmond Christmas tournament and he scored 4 goals and an assist in 5 games. Pretty impressive for a bantam player up with the midgets.

To follow up with your hitting comment, he was also on the giving end of some of the tournaments biggest hits. This is the first time where he is physially matched against other palyers and not getting roughing penalties for his hits because they tend to look devastating (a majority of the bantam players fall into the 100-130 weight range where Nathan is close to 180).

I think it's safe to say that his Spring experience with the Millionaires (the stacked team with most of the top ten B.C. players on it that he plays for annually) has allowed the scouts to know exactly what he brings to the table and tuck his draft into their back pocket.

Calgary Hitmen continue to come see him play but I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more if any were at that Midget tournament.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote