The year of the Alfietar
View Single Post
01-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Join Date: Jan 2006
Originally Posted by
Define 'won,' please.
simple past tense and past participle of
, won, winĚning,
verb (used without object)
1. to finish first in a race, contest, or the like.
2. to succeed by striving or effort:
He applied for a scholarship and won.
3. to gain the victory; overcome an adversary:
The home team won.
verb (used with object)
4. to succeed in reaching (a place, condition, etc.), especially by great effort:
They won the shore through a violent storm.
5. to get by effort, as through labor, competition, or conquest:
He won his post after years of striving.
6. to gain (a prize, fame, etc.).
7. to be successful in (a game, battle, etc.).
8. to make (one's way), as by effort or ability.
No, I'm not a girl. Stop asking!
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by AndrePetersson