View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Bennett Brauer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Flames aren't the ones looking to trade Iginla though, it's the other teams looking to acquire him. Maybe 1 fan in 10 wants him traded.

BTW that's always how it goes when you trade prospects for an star player. You're not getting a HOF'er for scraps, it's gotta be a sacrifice on both sides. If it doesn't sting you to make the trade then you're not offering enough.
I know Flames fans don't want him traded.

I also understand that no team will get Iginla for scraps. But the man is 35 years old with an expiring contract, you might be able to get some team to overpay but Pittsburgh isn't that team. A 35 year old Iginla isn't the type of player to sell the farm/mortgage the future on. I said this earlier, That's the kind of package you offer for a Bobby Ryan or a Corey Perry (The package I'm talking about is 2 D prospects, Beau Bennett and a 1st).

I know Pens fans want him, but each Pens fan is different, I know he would help our team, but at the same time, if I'm trading prospects with high value, I want someone younger.

I'm not even a fan of trading Beau Bennett, I'd like to keep the 1st, and I want our D prospects to develop so we know what we have with them and if we can build a solid blue line with some of them, we can put the others on the block.

Bennett Brauer is offline   Reply With Quote