View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Laughton is going to be a real good player. I think they have him there for a look, but I doubt he makes the team. He's finally in a position to get a chance to develop the offensive side of his game and the Flyers would be doing him a great disservice if they allow him to remain on the roster. Oshawa is the best place for him right now. He'll be lucky to get 10 minutes a night in Philadelphia while he'll get 19 to 20 minutes a night in Oshawa and play in all situations.
I agree with you 100%. I always worry about a 18, 19 year old who plays a aggressive style of game playing against men who are 10, 15 years older. There are some guys in the league who do not care how old you are, and given the chance would love nothing but to put a beatdown on a young kid(look at Luke Richardson's nose.). Now if he was 6'4'' and 200lbs+ he would have a better shot. It looks like there will be a 6 game limit for juniors to play here with the big club. If the brass thinks he plays well enough to make the club and he can be a significant contributor, then I am for it. But I still would rather like to see him finish out the year in the OHL and come out for the 2013-2014 season. But that is just my two cents.