Old
01-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Yes and no. They also went to being one of the lowest shots against systems under BB, lower than it had been in years under RC. That's not Hiller.
You're right. He certainly tightened things up defensively, and I give him props for that, but if Hiller had continued to give up the soft goals that he was earlier in the season, where does it get Anaheim? It wasn't Carlyle that made Anaheim's defense lose faith. Hiller has been great for us at times, but he was absolutely a momentum killer for Anaheim in the first half of the season.

Seeing Gibson play for the US, it reminded me a bit of what we had. You'd see a player skate it on Gibson, off a mistake, and he'd make the save. Every save he should have made, he did, and he made big ones on top of that. That was the type of play that Hiller was supposed to give us. The US team had faith Gibson would make those saves, and you could see, just as easily, that Anaheim didn't. I know Anaheim's struggles weren't all on Hiller, but the turnaround in Anaheim was not entirely Boudreau either.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote