View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 07:20 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNYI View Post
Bailey and Okposo is a very interesting case. Okposo is Bailey's key to 2nd line minutes. They have had awesome chemistry since day 1. Take a guy like Comeau for example, when he played with Okposo and Bailey there was some hype that he could be a solid top 6 guy. We all know how that turned out. I think with those two on the ice together there is more space for the 3rd forward, be it center or wing. They may help Strome as much as he helps them considering that 3rd guy can do magic with available space. Might be a good fit for him if he makes the team as a center and Bailey on LW.

Though I do want to see him spend some time on JT's wing at some point. Sweet music is sweet.
I tend to agree that Strome will have better chance at success, but when did Bailey and Okposo become veteran mentors?

Last I checked, they were also looking to establish themselves as effective NHL players - when did that change?
To assume Strome will be successful is dangerous. Nothing wrong with being hopeful or optimistic, that's what you should feel before the season.

I don't expect Strome to be a top six forward this year. I expect there will be more than six forwards far enter than hi at camp.
Maybe he impresses and makes the team, but I won't think any less of him if he's sent to jr.