Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART V
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 07:57 PM
StumpNYI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I tend to agree that Strome will have better chance at success, but when did Bailey and Okposo become veteran mentors?

Last I checked, they were also looking to establish themselves as effective NHL players - when did that change?
To assume Strome will be successful is dangerous. Nothing wrong with being hopeful or optimistic, that's what you should feel before the season.

I don't expect Strome to be a top six forward this year. I expect there will be more than six forwards far enter than hi at camp.
Maybe he impresses and makes the team, but I won't think any less of him if he's sent to jr.
I didn't say I hope he makes the team or think he is going to be successful. Just said that if he did make it centering a line, it might be a good fit for him because of already established chemistry. Yeah it's an assumption, based on IF he made the team.

I agree Bailey and Okposo still need work, but between the 2 of them, they do have the most experience combined then the rest of our forwards or any other 2 combined. Unless you want to stick him with Reasoner?

If you think it's a better idea if we just Nino him, I would have to disagree. If he makes the team, it's because he played good enough to find a spot in the top six.