View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post
Seattle could have a team 5 is because once you own a team you can pretty much do whatever you want with it. (See Al Davis)

New stadiums are not cheap. Are the 49ers cheap ******** for asking Santa Clara for money to build a stadium? No, they are rational to see if the city they want to move into really wants to be a part of the stadium and surrounding development. Santa Clara said yes, WA said no.

Moving a different team back into the crappy arena that previous owners refused to continue using will magically solve the basketball problem in Seattle. It's like kissing some fat chick you are using as a rebound in the same sh***y apartment you lived in with your beloved girlfriend that left you for having said sh***y apartment and being a lazy weed smoking slob all day.

It has got to be different for a new NBA team in Seattle. Using the same formula asks for the same results.
In one of the articles I read, the new owners plan on ponying over half the cost for a new arena and get the rest through private funds.

They'll get their new arena and the fans/taxpayers won't be screwed.

Sucks to see my team go but with this new ownership group, they will finally be taken care of.