View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
^WR waited too long to make a move. Seven points out of 8th place and we're buying - it's asinine.

I guess he figures - go for it this year because if we don't make the play-offs we don't have a chance to host the Memorial Cup, and if that's the case we tear down this team in the off-season, selling off everybody and rebuild next couple of years.

You don't trade Posa for a 4th rounder after trading for Aleardi and Giftopoulos and have Boughner taking about NEEDING to make the play-offs, so something is definitely up. It better be. I mean I know the OA trade deadline was today, but unless you had a deal all but signed, you don't make the trade. There was reason why we needed that 4th rounder. I assume because the 3rd rounder we have this year is part of a deal and thus we wouldn't have a pick in any of the first three rounds.

We don't need the four second rounders we have in 2014 to rebuild, because if we don't host the Mem Cup, then we sell off Vail, Sieloff, Rychel, Johnson, Clarke and whoever else isn't named Ho-Sang or Sanvido next year for picks and young players. So we should use those picks now and acquire a top level player who will return next year as well (another asset to trade if we don't get the Mem Cup, also an asset to sell the committee as having on our roster vs four 2nd round picks we'd say would be mid-season trade bait).

Maybe we're waiting to see what Niagara does with Strome and Co because if they acquire a second rounder this year, it's conveyed to us. A second rounder this year is worth more than a 2nd rounder in 2014. so maybe we have a trade agreed to - two packages and we need to wait and see which one it will be.

Or maybe we have a deal made, but it's a fall back option. Say we have a deal for Koekkoek IF they can't find a better deal. And if they do, then we get Clark Seymour for our 2013 3rd rounder, but if they don't find a better offer than we get Koekkoek for Bateman and three seconds or just for four second rounders in 2014 - in both cases two of the 2014 second rounders would be conditional on Slater coming back next year.