View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 10:04 PM
geehaad

vCash: 500
Ok, we have a misunderstanding, then. I thought we were going with option #2, and here's what I've seen regarding the players that you can use an exemption on:

DaveG: 2 - start the clock on the eligibility as of last season. So say Justin Faulk or Adam Larsson will have burned a season off on that number. So basically anyone that hasn't had to be protected as a keeper yet won't have to this season either.

faulkingdynamic: Everyone not on the current prospect roster, goes under the old rules. Current players still eligible for the prospect pool goes under the new rules.

Taking Couture as an example, his prospect eligibility ran out in 2011, and he had to be protected last year. My thought is that the only players who were allowed the exemption were the players who were still considered prospects last year. I would agree to that, but I would not agree to going back to any prospect that any GM has that has not yet played 200 games. In fact, it's entirely possible that a GM has such a player on their current roster that a different GM drafted. Tuukka Rask darn near falls into that category, as a near-example.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote