View Single Post
Old
01-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
How does fighting "settle the score" after a clean hit anyway? Hitting is part of hockey, it gets players off the puck and makes them hesitate while skating. It's a fine line between clean and dirty hits and you have guys like Stevens who made careers out of making people question where that line is, but dropping the gloves after every single hit just destroys the pace of the game.

Fighting in hockey should be about genuine conflicts, not about personal ego because you didn't keep your head up and Emelin or whoever knocked you on your ass.

If Emelin brings some of the line crossing and trolling he's known for in international hockey over, then yeah, he might be asking for trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Fights have become more and more meaningless. 90% of the time it's a telegraphed fight between two goons with zero stake, zero emotion.. boring.

Plus it's such a small part of the game.. I don't understand the enthusiasm for fighting.

I like UFC and boxing, and I watch that when I want to see actual real fighters with real combat skills.

Are you really a habs fan ? You say stuff I'd expect to hear from a bruins fan.
To each their own but I really don't understand the appeal of goonfests where every other stoppage of play leads to a premeditated shirt pulling contest. I like hockey fights when they are unexpected and filled with genuine malace (nothing beats a good old fashioned bench clearing brawl), but show fights to me just slow the game down and take away from the hockey.

Last edited by Et le But: 01-09-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote