Old
01-09-2013, 10:25 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
I don't want to start a new thread, so I won't

...but what are the expectations for Turris? Is he a 20-30-50 guy, or is their hope that he can still develop into what he was drafted to as the 3rd overall pick from a few years ago?

Thanks for any and all input!
Turris is still an interesting case if you ask me. Safe projections would be the ones you mentioned but his shot is too good to not surpass 20 goals. There is still hope he can develop into that guy he was supposed to be, imo and we saw flashes of that last year towards the end when he stepped up big. When he first joined this team he had 11 points in the first 12 games I believe. When Spezza went down he had a 4 point game in an important game against the Isles to make the playoffs.

Turris can still be that 70 point forward center who is excellent at both ends of the ice. He was very very good in Finland even with a rough scoring start.

Heck, if Turris becomes a 60 guy as a 2nd liner behind Spezza we'll have one of the best 1-2 punches in the league regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
This team will peak in 3 or 4 years... will Spezza be in his peak? No. He'll likely be a below average #1 centre by then.

Silf, Zib, Stone, Turris, ... I don't see a franchise forward there. If we're lucky, 1 of those guys will turn into a 1st liner. The Sens have good prospects... but most would seem to max out as 50-60 point forwards.

I want a Seguin, Tavares or even a Duchene.
Looooooooooooooool, sorry man but you do realize Spezza will be 32 then right. Below average #1 center? Hahahaha, please stop this is too much. Spezza has improved his level of play every year so far all-around and has looked NO WAY out of position offensively and you think when this team peaks with better players he will be below average?

Spezza is THAT GUY offensively and he finished 4th with 65 point winger and 3rd liner on his line.

I'm willing to bet any amount of money Spezza will still be lethal, barring any major injures(Which can be associated to anyone), and one of the best centers in the leagues.

Plus, we have Karlsson. Karlsson is the guy who makes your forward ranks better and enhances their performance giving them prime offensive chances.

Regardless, Zibanejad is that guy, unless his concussion symptoms don't get in the way.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote