View Single Post
Old
12-11-2003, 11:25 PM
David A. Rainer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
The Kings were up 3-0 and the BLues scored 4 unanswered goals during that 5 minute major.

It was Courtnall who skated by and knocked out Storr and turtle-shelled as a O'Donnell jumped on him. O'Donnell was pissed that Courtnall wouldn't get up and fight so he just kept cross-checking him in the back of the head and giving him a face full of ice. I remember seeing it happen as you can see Courtnall just picking up speed and heading straight for Storr who was standing in the crease.

I still have my Black Out the Blues Rally Towel as a constant reminder of that night. There were some pissed off Kings fans beating the crap out of Blues fans in the parking lot that night. I still hate Koharski the most to this day for "failing to see" the initial cheapshot on Storr.

Just to rehash some memories:

"(Referee Don Koharski) robbed us of a game, plain and simple," Coach Robinson said. "He took the life out of a bunch of kids who worked their tails off. I can lose fair and square, but that wasn't fair. I do not blame O'Donnell. he was sticking up for Jamie. The people of Los Angeles should be upset because he stole a win from them."