View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 05:53 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
The result is less important in my mind now that LeafsForever and Mr Bugg aren't in the draft

They were good GMs and I mean no disrespect but last year was a circus.
Bugg was the problem, not LF (nothing he did was any different than what had happened in previous drafts), and mostly Bugg's problem was that he wasn't actually trying to compete, maximize his own value and build a winning team, but rather trying to build a Soviet ice capades. Which is precisely why any and all trades must forever and ever be subject to a veto from the group, or the committee or the apparatchik, or whatever. Some people will always give away the farm, or simply troll the draft, as Bugg attempted to do there towards the end. But as much of a headache as it was last time around policing Bugg's foolishness, it was a hundred times better than the abortion that was the 2011 three trades rule.

Please, for the sake of all that is holy, either have no trades, or simply evaluate them one-by-one in a reasonable way without any hard-and-fast caps. I'm not going to put in a vote here because I'm no longer an ATD GM, but trade caps are a monstrosity that just make it unnecessarily difficult to build the team you want.