View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 07:35 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
This has not concerned me one bit. Not one bit. I've seen enough of Kreider over the years - particularly on the biggest of stages (WJC, NCAA Frozen Four, NHL playoffs) to know he's got it.

The fact that he doesn't have mind-boggling numbers at the AHL level? There are plenty of good, extremely valid reasons that have already been listed (playing on a bad team, no playmaker to feed him, etc.), but I'm going to add another that hasn't been mentioned: Ken Gernander. I've been saying it for years. He can help mold your defensive minded guys, but this guy stifles the offensive progression of prospects.

Name me one prospect with offensive talent whose game has flourished under Kenny G.

Dubinsky? Nope, graduated before he became the head coach.
Callahan? Nope, graduated before he became the head coach (but for the brief 11 game demotion his second season).
Dawes? Ugh.
Bourret? Ugh.
Korpikoski? Meh.
Stepan? Nope, college player who didn't need any time in the minors before being called up.
Grachev? Ugh.
Hagelin? Nope, college player who only needed a cup of coffee in the minors before being called up.
Kreider...? Thank goodness the lockout is over so that we can get him away from Gernander.

How about offensive defensemen?
Sanguinetti? Ugh.
Gilroy? Ugh.
Kundratek? Ugh.

Anisimov is the only example I can recall of a player with offensive skill who flourished under Kenny G. - and that's only because he is actually a defense-first player who also happens to have offensive skill.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote