View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Joe Cole

vCash: 500
The biggest problem with most fans, myself included, is that we do not watch enough games that do not include the Habs. Our personal evaluations of players are skewed by that lack of exposure to other players and our rooting for the local team.

Was PK as good as Shea Weber? Probably not. But whatever erratic play, blown read, out of position situation he got himself into, he had the speed and the will to make up for it and repair his error. That effort is part of what is so great about Subban.

Regarding the Karlsson comparison....one thing I can say after watching a lot of Senators games (because of SportsNet) over the past two years is that Karlsson definitively has a more developed offensive game, but defensively, Subban is the guy I would want to have defending in his zone. Subban's physicality and 2nd effort are currently more effective in his end.

Whether or not Karlsson won the Norris last year, in his own end, there is no way he is the league of Chara, Weber, Lidstrom...or other Norris winners. Not even close, yet. The voters just could not look past the offensive stats, which were great.