View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIE RAY BLUES View Post
Wow am I about to get flamed! Oh well ya only live once. I think most of you are crazy here.....I like Bergie as much as the next guy but I think we have seen the best he has to offer and he's no Kessel. The B.S. about center and wing is a joke...they're hockey players and have been playing the forward positions their whole lives!..So somebody moves over ten feet ....Big deal! Halak has been good but not great. I would go so far to say most of last season Elliot was our #1. I think if they sweeten the pot with a better goalie or a pick 2nd round or better and we should all pack their bags.
You can't be serious. There is a HUGE difference between playing center, especially at the NHL level. There's a reason you usually see the most potent offensive players playing on the wing and the best two way players at center. Halák is a better goalie than Elliott. Invade you forgot, he has never had another season anywhere close to what he did last year. He stunk up the joint so bad the year before that the avalanche didn't even offer him a qualifying offer. You don't trade your number 1 goalie and number two center, who is huge and starting to play some quality two way play, for a worse goalie and a winger that wouldn't fit your system.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote