View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 08:30 AM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I think it's obvious why Posa was traded. He was the captain of a team that slumped into a huge losing streak and out of the playoffs. They needed to change up the leadership on the team and they weren't about to fire any coaches. A 4th rounder from saginaw is a pretty solid pick for him, and when the playoffs roll around they're only going to play the top 2 pairings most of the time anyway. If they were making a cup run this year then maybe having that strong bottom pair is more crucial. They're just trying to worm their way into the second round, and let Sieloff chew up most of the minutes back there.

I love the deals, it's exactly the shakeup that was required at a reasonable price. It's too bad we couldn't trade Bateman, he's lucky we're thin on the blue line or he'd probably be Gleasoned. I'm pretty excited about seeing this team take the ice, it's considerably better than the one we've been watching the last couple months.

As far as 2014 go, the committee will have to give the Spitfires credit for returning Koekoek as well as likely signing some of their Americans. Those things are assets until they aren't any more.

I would agree with some of what you're saying but.. I think this deadline is only a success if they make the playoffs. They didn't make these moves especially Aleardi and keeping Khokhlachev just for next year. The committee can't exactly give Windsor credit for signing American prospects unless they actually have and Butcher and Allen have both signed their LOI's to attend Denver and Michigan respectively.