View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 09:02 AM
ORYX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
I agree, there is not a goalie in the league that if he gets hot is as good as Gibson. With that said, other than the world juniors he really hasn't been that great. Very good...but not a show stealer. A lot of your success certainly depends on him.
Just thought of this now, but if you are really hoping to get Quine out of the 'borough you should be hoping to have them include '93 Clark Seymour who is 6'3 201 pounds and could bring some needed toughness on D. Now that would be a trade worth doing.
Not a show stealer? He has consistently held the rangers in games. When your goals scored vs against differential is less then your wins total, you know your goalie is holding you in games. He has been nothing short of senstational this season, winning numerous 2-1 games.

Defense has not be a problem. I 100% agree a tough stay at home defender would be beneficial to this team, and that Cody Sol is missed, though it has not caused any problems to date. Scoring is the problem, particularly at the center position.

If I was to rank the needs, a defensive d man would not fall into that list, but into the list of "Bonus" or "Luxury" at this point in time given the Rangers current trading position and available assets.

I would expect that the Rangers will land a top 6 center yet. If they can add a defensive d-man at the same time with the right value being exchanged, that is a bonus! Also, i believe it is worth noting that they wouldnt need to acquire that top pairing defensive dman, with their depth they would benefit greatly with a strong defensive minded, tough depth d-man who has the ability to play extra minutes for short periods of time if needed.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote