Old
01-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
My point is why shouldn't Shero.

If Feaster went rebuild in March, what would you give to have Cammallerri, Bouwmeester, and Sarich this year and then all of next at a combined 7.3M cap hit.

I ran the numbers. You do that deal, and you've got 7 defensemen under contract next year, two goalies. You'd have 4.3M in cap space and need 5 or 6 forwards. BUT, if you traded Paul Martin, that wouldn't really be a problem, right?
I wasn't commenting one way or another on Shero, just verifying that I think you're right about Holmgren. He WILL do something with these new rules. He's already inquired about Luongo and TSN speculating they'll buy Bryzgo out this summer (apparently you can only buy out in the summer?).

I could see him trading for Luongo and Bouwmeester easily given the subpar efforts of Ilya and Pronger's career ending concussion.

As for your deal, I am not a JBo fan (mostly because of his contract and because I think he's overrated) but having those three guys at $7M+ hit would be a steal. Even I can't deny that. The real question though is what do you have to give up to get all three of those guys? We don't have the goods, period.

You're not getting those three guys for: "Martin, 1st, Despres, Tandgradi"...

We'd have to give up a lot of depth in our prospect pool and some legit roster players (plural). If I were Shero and thought those guys were available, I would try to get Cammalleri and Sarich and skip the premium trade cost of JBo. Let them ship Jbo somewhere else; we move Martin, Kennedy, Tango, 2nd, 4th. Gives them a roster player on both sides, low cap if we eat some of Martin's deal, and two more draft picks in a good draft year to stock up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno Machino View Post
No we oughtn't. Geno is not Kovalchuk.

Problem is not Geno It's the Russian Mafia that is the KHL

Put the big bag of crazy down, step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath. GENO WILL BE FINE, and right here in Pittsburgh. For a long time.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 01-10-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote