View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 10:18 AM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Can't complain too much about media attention the Ducks get, but I wish those who review the team spent some time watching them.

Fowler can't be trusted with 22+ minutes because of his plus/minus, Boudreau brought a free-flowing open offensive style . . . . Come on.
You disagreeing/misunderstanding with what I'm saying doesn't mean I don't watch the team I cover, but thanks for your concern.

The Boudreau point was meant to be a comparison to Carlyle's system. There is no denying that Carlyle's teams played a defensive-oriented system. With center-pieces like Pronger and Niedermayer on the back end, the defensive system flourished and resulted in a dominant team. With a significantly weaker defensive core post-cup, the team was less able to thrive under Carlyle's system and he himself didn't quite adapt.

Boudreau brings a much more offensive-oriented coaching strategy to the table, having plenty of experience with offensive workhorses like Ovechkin and Backstrom.

Perhaps you misunderstood the comparison I was trying to make, but I'm not sure how one could disagree outright with this point.

The Fowler point is pretty straight-forward I would've thought. If he's going to play 22+ minutes a night, he should be looking to improve 5 on 5. He's the type of player the Ducks want on the ice that much, but he still has to prove that the time should be his versus another d-man. I never said anywhere that he can't be trusted, in fact, it's pretty evident that he is trusted with those minutes as he averaged 23+ last year. He's still young, progressing, and a very good player but it's hard to deny the areas he needs to work on when he posts by far the team's worst +/- at minus-28 with the next closest being minus-14.

Hope that clears things up.

Last edited by maplehawk: 01-10-2013 at 10:32 AM.
maplehawk is offline   Reply With Quote