Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART V
View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 09:39 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
KBK, very true, as crazy as it sounds or as sad is it may be Okposo and Bailey can be considered veterans on an inexperienced Islander team. With what's going on in Niagra (firesale?) it looks like no matter where Strome goes (NHL, Niagra, or different OHL Team via trade) he is going to be in a new situation with new line-mates. With that said, I think it's a lock he makes the team at least for 5 games. If thats the case, this is what I would like to see as the first 3 lines

M.Moulson-Tavares-Ullstrom
Grabner-Strome-Boyes
Bailey-Nielson-Okposo

Moulson and Tavares are a no brainer, the question is, who plays with them? I Think ullstrom has the size and skill to gel with these two and make a pretty productive first line, while giving solid options for the other 2 lines.

The 2nd Scoring line would have some real Speed with Grabner and Boyes playing on the wings with Strome. Again this line is not going to be too responsible defensively, but In a trail (week/season?) for Strome, I wouldnt want to throw too much at him anyway especially without camp, just let him play his game and give him wingers that can skate with him and make/finish plays.

The third line (really it's not a third line, its a checking line that will get more minutes than the 2nd scoring line) Will be the defensive responsible line that goes against the oppositions scoring line. It has our two best defensive forwards (Nielson-Bailey) and allows Bailey to be on the wing along with KO whom they have good chemistry together.

I think this could work, and would love to see how Grabner reacts being off Nielsens line. With Strome and Boyes those three can be coming through the neutral zone with speed and create more offensively (less East-West, playing most of the time in Own zone, wait for turnover, breakout).

Obviously Martin-Reasoner-Joensuu/Boulton would be the other forwards.
Your 2nd line is very soft, who's doing the dirty work of digging loose pucks out along the boards and behind the net?