View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 10:43 AM
ORYX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Really. You have two 20+ goal scorers (one being newly acquired Leivo). Yes, you certainly do need more guys who have more than 20 right now. On paper though, you have 4 guys who should have 20 or more. They need to step up and produce (injuries have also played a role). If you spend your assets over complementing yourself with 'scorers' without paying attention to the D, wait and see what happens. No reason in the world why the forward crop you have shouldn't produce at a better pace (other than injuries up til now). Your defence is going to be your downfall, mark it down.
Don't get me wrong, I am quite happy to see a rival not address a glaring need (at least it is glaring to the rest of the league).
While I acknowledge your believe that defense is a glaring need, the stats surely dont show it. Yes a defensive dman would be nice. However, coming from you, saying Gibson isnt a show stealer, and they have a weak defense, explain to me why they have allowed 8 fewer goals against then your London knights, a team you surely believe (and other have mentioned as well) is the best defense in the league?

On paper the offense is great, good thing about hockey is you play the games, and not just read the stat lines.

Kitcheners strength has been team defense, thats forwards being responsible, dmen clearing rebounds, and Gibson making the saves he has to make.

Is a defensive dman a nice addition? Absolutely. Will it be their down fall? Doubt it, theyve gone 40 games with scoring as the down fall, don't see that changing unless they break out of their slump.

I'd like to know whose keeping the pucks out of the net in Kitchener if it isnt Gibson and the defense sucks....

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote