View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 09:46 AM
PitchDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
My continuum of player interest for camp (from the player of least interest to most):

Porter - He makes the team or he doesn't. I don't think it matters much either way.
Reaves - Not much mystery in this relationship.
Sobotka - Versatile, but known, quantity.
Nichol - Age the only question.
Russell - Ability/role increase seems unlikely.

Langenbrunner - Does he have enough left to move up the lines when needed?
Polak - Still anchoring the third pairing?
Backes - Consistent offense production?
Shattenkirk - Looking for signs of a step forward.

Oshie - Looking for an increase in offense production/consistency.
Pietrangelo - Elite enough to consistently carry his pairing?
D'Agostini - Can he carve out a defined role for himself?

McDonald - What line does he settle on?
Jackman - Enough positioning/anticipation/discipline to be a second pairing asset?

Halak - Will he be locked-in from the get-go?
Schwartz - NHL or AHL?

Perron - Does he finally distinguish himself as an offensive weapon?
Elliott - A good campaign would contribute a lot to the Blues securing a playoff berth.
Steen - Can he be the third line center the Blues need to roll three scoring lines?

Cole - Which way this domino falls affects so much moving forward.
Stewart - Could add an unmatched dimension to the Blues offense.
Berglund - The Blues need him to put it all together more than any other forward.
Tarasenko - Might alter the face of the franchise as soon as this year.
Enjoyed the post. On Kris Russell I wanted to point out that he may be getting paired with Pietrangelo so he'd be in line for a role increase. Think we'd all love to see Pie get paired with an adequate to good partner and enjoy the results. I'll be very interested in whomever gets this job as it won't be the 1/2 LHD FA anymore.

Here are some quotes from http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...35c3817ba.html :

The Blues’ plan is to try Russell, who following his trade here from Columbus last season had four goals and nine points and was a plus-13 in 43 games. He’s proved to be an adept puck-moving defenseman.

“Obviously Russ is a guy that could complement me pretty well,” Pietrangelo said. “We both move the puck. It definitely, I think, would work. We played with each other here and there. But you know, that’s up to the coaching staff.”

Blues coach Ken Hitchcock likes the possibility of using Russell, who had 196 points in 241 games with Medecine Hat of the Western Hockey League before being drafted in the third round by the Blue Jackets in 2005.