View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Really. You have two 20+ goal scorers (one being newly acquired Leivo). Yes, you certainly do need more guys who have more than 20 right now. On paper though, you have 4 guys who should have 20 or more. They need to step up and produce (injuries have also played a role). If you spend your assets over complementing yourself with 'scorers' without paying attention to the D, wait and see what happens. No reason in the world why the forward crop you have shouldn't produce at a better pace (other than injuries up til now). Your defence is going to be your downfall, mark it down.
Don't get me wrong, I am quite happy to see a rival not address a glaring need (at least it is glaring to the rest of the league).
Before everyone left for the world juniors, Kitchener had the best defensive stats in the league. I still think they're either at the top or around the top. Kitchener has lost most of their games because they haven't been able to score.

On paper, Kitchener should have been great on all ends but they've only been great on defense and goaltending. Kitchener needs a new scoring line center, such as Monahan or even a mega-trade with Hamilton who sends Ritchie along with their two possibly NHL bound players.

Kitchener's defense has been awesome this year, against good teams as well. Murphy and Corrado are two #1 defensemen who can play in all situations. Fanelli is a solid #3, McEneny as well, then you've got the weak links in Iafrate and Gilbert, but they aren't horrible, they're a #4/5 in Iafrate and a #5 in Gilbert. I've seen weaker defenses win championships, but they were scoring better than Kitchener is now.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote