View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Yossarian54

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
That's very debateable. The benchmark that you should compare your players to is what the SC Champions have had in the past, not the league average.

Sure, Grabovski might be better than what a lot of teams have in the #2 slot. But is he better than M. Richards (LA), Krejci (Boston), Sharp (Chicago), Malkin (Pittsburgh), Zetterberg (Detroit), Getzlaf (Anaheim), or Brind'Amour (Carolina)?? Those are the players who were playing 2nd line C on their respective Championship teams since the last lockout. He's significantly behind the majority of them, and only somewhat comparable to the ones on the lower end, but still ultimately not as good.

He's very much a below average 2nd line C when compared to what we SHOULD be building towards, SC Contenders. Not just slightly better than the league average.
Huh, i'm not a leafs fan, but I think a lot of you guys are severely underrating Grabovski. He's practically the only forward on the leafs that consistently makes those playing with him better (http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/show...5v5&type=corsi). Even Kessel doesn't have the same dramatic effect that Grabovski does.

For comparison, as I am a Canucks fan, Kesler's contract when signed was 8.4% of cap. Grabovski's will be 8.5% under the new ~64M cap. I think Kesler is the better player, but not by much at all.

He is absolutely your number 1 centreman at the moment, and were he to be your #2 C, you would be a pretty damn good team.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote