View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 10:51 AM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post
To explain the guys I don't really consider locks...

Richards, Getzlaf, Nash, Staal - I like continuity. None of these guys will be over 30, and there's no reason to not bring them back with the success they've had.

Thornton - not really a popular pick whatsoever, but he's still only 33. I like bringing him back as a veteran a lot.

Iginla - if he's playing at a respectable level, I don't see how they can't put him on the team. Even as a fourth liner, Iggy's just got to be on team Canada.

Myers - basically just put him there because I'm a Sabres fan. Don't think it's that ridiculous to think he could make a big jump by 2014, but I wouldn't have a problem with a guy like Marc Staal or Luke Schenn.
I strongly dislike the idea of taking guys not because of how good they actually are, but because of what they've done in the past. There are plenty of locks with experience, and I believe it will be beneficial to take some players who haven't even played at the Olympics and will have the drive to succeed. Taking guys just because of their past exploits was one of the main issues from 2006.