View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Razor29
1-1-0

vCash: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
We all predicted we'd be in the hunt for the 7th or 8th last year too, tbh. While we were, we still came out in 11th?

In a short season, Edmonton could squeeze in. Realistically, anyone could get hot long enough to put together a 20-10-2 record and basically make themselves a lock for 8th seed. Although I do agree with the premise of your post, the Oilers are more likely to finish 12th/13th than 6th-8th.

I like something akin to this in the West.

Blues
Kings
Canucks
Hawks
-----------
Pretty well defined top 4 in the conference from my perspective. Can't see how any of them won't be top 4 without injuries (like Kesler's) or an epicly bad stretch dropping them.
-----------
Sharks
Yotes
Avs
Wings
Wild
Stars
Preds
-----------
With how short this season is, I really think this crop of 7 will finish 4th-10th, it's hard to narrow it down more and order is fairly arbitrary.
-----------
Wild
Oilers
Flames
Ducks
Jackets
-----------
Flames are notoriously slow to start the season, Oilers are just learning how to gel together, Wild still have big question marks around their roster and youth that need to develop... Ducks could surprise me big time, they have the firepower. Jackets need another top pick, but they have depth, might ascend to the top of this bracket.
We had a better reason to be optimistic than they do now. We drafted Landeskog, Duchene just came off a great sophomore season, just traded for Johnson and got Varly and JSG.

It was an overhaul for the better.

All the Oilers have done is draft Yak and have done (basically) nothing else to upgrade their defense or goaltending situations.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote