Old
01-10-2013, 11:15 AM
bilpeto
This Space For Rent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
I suspect Charlotte will not be the only team in this boat though
Obviously not. Oklahoma City and Houston will get destroyed from players returning to the NHL, and other teams won't be too far behind.

I still don't think it's wise to bring up that many Checkers and rotate them in/out of the lineup with the realistic-looking lineup that Dave posted a page back. If Boychuk is playing well, but Bowman's a better fit for the third line...then we're stuck either shifting players around or letting him sit. That's wasting a player who has been the most consistent and productive player for the Checkers to this point in the season.

Also, I agree on the Welsh thing. I don't quite think he's ready as of yet, and think a little bit longer in the AHL will do him some good to develop and get used to playing as a professional.

Sanguinetti/Gragnani(if healthy any time soon) make sense as #7D. Bowman makes sense as a 3rd liner. Wallace makes sense to bring up some grit/use as a healthy extra. Ellis has played well enough to earn the spot while Boucher gets back into game-shape. Faulk is obvious. But I just don't really see the use in bringing up Boychuk/whoever else right away to sit as a second healthy extra, or forcing Welsh into a spot that he's not ready for as of yet.

So basically, although I understand why it's going to happen, I don't agree with bringing up that many players all at once and destroying something that's building in Charlotte so far.

EDIT: As it's been mentioned, sign a #3C for a year (Arnott), and let Welsh develop a bit more before throwing him into a situation he might not be ready for yet.

bilpeto is offline   Reply With Quote