View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Charon

vCash: 500
I see a lot of proposed season starting lineups on this board that include Galchenyuk. I must be missing something. I watched a lot of the juniors, and while Galchenyuk did stand out in some ways with his deft stickhandling and passing skills, I just don't see him being ready for the NHL yet. He was often "invisible" against the more skilled teams at the tournament, and I'd like to see him dominate against the more skilled teams in the OHL before he makes the leap.

That said, I don't have a problem letting him play the first few games in the Bigs with the team, but I would be shocked if he was not sent back within the first 6 games (before contract year burning period begins).

However... I should also mention that Yakupov didn't show much more NHL-readiness than Galchenyuk to me during the juniors. If Yakupov can start the season with the Oilers, then, maybe Galchenyuk is closer than I think. We'll see come training camp!

But I think that Gomez will be in the lineup on opening day. He'll be in the bottom six though, maybe playing with Eller and Moen.

Charon is offline   Reply With Quote