View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
So i guess you ignore completely what MT said about keeping the best trio of last year together ?
Of course. I'm hoping Therrien isn't as dumb as RC and if that trio is the only one producing and we're losing, what's the point in keeping it together?
RC was too stubborn and somehow seemed to have lost all reasoning when they forced him into the coaching position. He stuck with one line, and died with it instead of breaking it up in order to try to spread more offense. Not only that, he broke up a great working duo in AK-Eller, and placed AK with Gomez, a recipe known to have failed already. Let's not talk about benching Eller for the 3rd period+OT but then using him as the 3rd shooter in the shootouts (surprisingly he did not score...).

Therrien didn't even have a full team practice yet, he can say whatever he wants. I don't blame him for wanting to keep that line intact. It proved successful. So, he comes in with the idea of keeping it together and finding solutions for secondary scoring with the rest of the players. Maybe it'll work, no way of knowing really. It's tough to predict how youngsters will develop, it's not a linear curve, so we'll see how Eller does. We'll see just how much Bourque, Gionta and Gomez want to have a bounce back year. We'll see if a prospect like Gally or Galla can make the club and be effective. Too many question marks really.

But I go from where we left off last year, with a very struggling offense. If the DD line is the only one that's scoring, and we're losing, then Mike won't wait 10games before mixing it up.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote