View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 11:45 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Last I remember of Redden at the NHL level was he couldn't handle the pace. He'd definitely gone soft as well. Buy out as soon as possible.

Gilroy can skate and has pretty good skills but he can't play defense and for all the nice set of skills he doesn't put up a lot of points and he is as soft a defenseman as it comes.

Eminger is workable at least if he's got over his injuries. He's a gamer. Decent package of skill--decent in his own end--gets in the way and is willing to take a hit and give a hit.

Bickel needs some work but he is the toughest defenseman we have at the moment--at least after McIlrath.

The way I'd rank them:

1. and 1a. Eminger, Bickel
2. Gilroy
3. Redden

I'm also thinking that barring a trade to bring in another righty d-man potentially McIlrath is on the team before the year is out. Seriously if Dylan pairing with Gilroy in Hartford is becoming the defensive conscience of that duo--continually bailing Matt out when he gets caught out of position or up the ice how the hell would anyone rank Gilroy over him? Just because he's older?--more experienced?--which doesn't mean a whole lot if you're lousy positionally--like Matt is. To me Gilroy should be for emergency purposes only. I don't see him being much of an insurance policy.