View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Yeah, I'm just surprised you say that as I find he has very elite offensive skills and a lot of "wow factor". His pure offensive skills are very, very good. Defensive game is pretty bad, but I think that will improve.

I think his tenacity pushes him over the top of other small skilled players. Just surprised you'd list overragers like Andrighetto or Dano who are older, don't have the same grit and are on the same level of offensive skill (I think Andrighetto is worse offensively and Dano would be equal). Or list a guy like Sorenson whose offensive skills aren't anywhere as good as Domi's. That being said you listed them as lower round guys, but I think you're severely underrating Domi's pure offensive talents. Even without his grit he is amazing with the puck.
I agree with all of this to a T. The only thing I'd add is that, dependent upon what spot # the Jets are drafting in the first round, it wouldn't at all surprise me to see them take a flyer on him unless they've a top 5 pick. Zinger and Tie are quite literally the best of friends and the Jets are seemingly in favour of including bloodlines into the decision process when possible.