View Single Post
01-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Oilin Toronto
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
NHL fantasy picks pretty bad too
A couple of things that bother me about these lists:
1. Eberle is the second most underrated player on that list. The kid, with the absence of Hall and RNH last year, averaged close to a pt/gm, and none of these lists have him in the top 35. He finished in the top 16 in scoring last year, and was 3rd in even strength scoring while playing 2nd line minutes. I just don't get it.
2. Taylor Hall, while being injured a couple of times during the year where he missed a few games, still managed to score 27 goals, and was on pace to score >35. Having played hockey, I know how difficult it is to come back after injury and pick up where you left off. When players come back after a layoff from injury, it could take several games before they begin to get used to the pace of the game. Just imagine how many Hall might have scored if he had played a full season. Same can be said for RNH...prior to his injury, he was averaging almost a pt/gm.
3. Although I love Seguin, I am getting a little fed up with the love affair the hockey media has with this guy. In my opinion, he's been a bit of a disappointment, and I'll tell you why.
a) He hasn't been able to crack the Bruins lineup as C, and yet people still refer to him as a centreman. Sure Boston is loaded as far as C's go, but shouldn't the guy that's listed as the best Boston player be able to assume his C position on the team.
b) I've seen him in the playoffs for 2 straight years, and with the exception of a couple of games in each of the 2 years, he's done squat. IMO, he's been a complete disappointment.
c) There are reports that he has a hip problem which may cause some issues in the future. While nobody talks about this issues, people always refer to Hall's injuries, including the one that he got stepped on. It just really bothers me.

By the way, both lists have Seguin far higher in the rankings than any Oiler prospects. I cannot wait until we have 3 guys in the top 25 in scoring. I, for one, think that it's conceivably possible that this may happen this year.

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote