View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
LOL I am no gaming nerd. I played the game growing up. I understand the game. Call it what you want but that grind it out style of play is exactly how Callahan plays. It is how Dubinsky played. It is how Boyle and Pyatt play. And I am far from being caught up in goals, however, I am caught up in placing players in spots where they can succeed and they can help the team succeed; getting the best and most use out of said player. Putting Kreider on the 3rd line does not do that. Kreider is not adaptable. Callahan is, because he is a great hockey player. And that is the difference. Sometimes you have to cater to certain players, know your strengths and weaknesses. Your strength is that callahan could play on any line given his ability and still provide whether it's on the scoresheet or just his on ice game. Kreider is not adaptable and will not be as good with certain players, that is the bottom line. You can argue it all you want.

And I still strongly disagree that the top 2 lines will have a significantly more amount of ice time than the 3rd line, especially in a shortened season and especially when callahan and boyle are on that 3rd line.

Also, I'm not quite sure how a 48 game season has nothing to do with anything. Don't mention how Pyatt and Boyle are cable of putting up double digit goals then if the 48 games has nothing to do with anything, because that statistical opinion is irrelevant as well then.
Double digit goals were based on a full-season. I'm not going to take any guesses on what they will produce in a shortened season.

I'm not convinced with Kreider, and Hagelin. I need to see more. I've seen enough of Callahan to know his strengths. Call it a comfort thing. If Kreider and Hagelin proved they round our line-up more, than I'm all for it. I don't believe they do though. Not yet, anyway.

I think Kreider is young enough where you can mold him, and add different dimensions to his game. He's still, coachable if you want to call it that. I think he needs time in the big leagues to round out his game. I don't think a top-6 role is ideal for him yet. Yet.