View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 01:43 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Double digit goals were based on a full-season. I'm not going to take any guesses on what they will produce in a shortened season.

I'm not convinced with Kreider, and Hagelin. I need to see more. I've seen enough of Callahan to know his strengths. Call it a comfort thing. If Kreider and Hagelin proved they round our line-up more, than I'm all for it. I don't believe they do though. Not yet, anyway.

I think Kreider is young enough where you can mold him, and add different dimensions to his game. He's still, coachable if you want to call it that. I think he needs time in the big leagues to round out his game. I don't think a top-6 role is ideal for him yet. Yet.
Kreider was thrusted into the middle of a playoff series and he provided playing in the top 6. Now granted his defensive game needs work, a lot of work. But playing in the playoffs, especially those 7 game series and the 6 game series were as real and as tough as it gets. I understand what you are saying about him still being coachable. But he can stay in the top 6 and still be coachable especially with John Tortorella as the coach. Heck he benched him in the capitals series. Kreider will learn and get better defensively under Tortorella. That doesn't mean he has to be on a line with Boyle and Pyatt to do so.