View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 01:55 PM
YARR123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
The point of the post was to point out that Teravanien was not considered one of the best players on his team, let alone this tournament. If he was as good as represented he would have been a standout and an obvious pick by the coaches. Didn't happen.
Teravanien was a player I looked forward to seeing in the WJC. Frankly, of all the players I had expectations for, heading into this tournament, Teravanien was the second most disappointing player I watched (after Yakapov). I let Teravanien's draft position and hype build some unfair expectations he clearly could not live up to. I was expecting a dominant player and he was mostly a no-show (as were most of the Finns). Wasn't impressed and neither were the coaches.
How can you say the coaches weren't impressed? Did you talk to them? Look at the other choices of coaches: From Switzerland there's no Sven Andrighetto nor Richard Tanner; Both much better prospects than their goalie (who was good btw). From Sweden there was Arvidsson but not Lindholm. From Russia there was whats his face but no Yakupov. Is whats his face a better prospect than Yakupov? You're giving way too much emphasis on the coaches decisions. They're like "thanks for doing your best"- trophies. Take Lindbohm for example from Finland. He was solid, did his best, showed heart and gave his all. Yet you'd be silly suggesting he was a better player than TT or Ristolainen for example.
edit: Whats his face turned out to be Nesterov, lol. Anyways people get the point

And some other points:
1) I don't know what you expected, TT was pretty good and he's one of the youngest players on the team.
2) IMO TT was better than Armia or Granlund
3) Team Finland wasn't a very good place for a young player to shine this year; weren't playing well as a team.

Last edited by YARR123: 01-10-2013 at 02:26 PM.