View Single Post
01-10-2013, 03:23 PM
vCash: 500
My interest in Philadelphia's roster begins and ends with their forwards. I like the defense, but honestly, no ones a big improvement on our top 4, and unless there is someone I've missed making 2 or less million per season, an 8 million + bottom pairing doesn't appeal to me. That, of course, is just me.

That being said, Simmonds or Voracek I'd think we could make a deal for easily. Hartnell or Briere or Giroux of course too, but let's not get carried away here, I see the veteran leadership group being harder for Flyers brass to move.

Too bad this wasn't unfolding last season...what you got for Carter would have been great, ditto Richards, or either of them to us, and there wouldn't be the burden of Bryzgalov weighing in on the deal yet.

I actually think some of what the Flyers have to offer is better then any other team, but my only concern is whether they are willing to give up what we'd want.

Originally Posted by JayB View Post

Toronto give Gardiner/Phanuef to Philly, Philly give tons of picks and one byout to Vancouver, Vancks give Luongo to Toronto... Nice. Just speculation but i would love Phaneuf.
So, Flyers get Phaneuf or Gardiner, Leafs get Luongo, Canucks get...picks and a buyout contract? If Gardiner or Phaneuf were on the table, we'd scoop them ourselves and cut the Flyers right out of the deal.

Plus, the Flyers don't have enough picks to get Luongo from us this year.