Thread: News Article: I don't heart Brian Wilde
View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
In the mix of what? They lost like the first seven games of the season, in the mix for the first OA pick maybe. A losing streak like that kills an entire season, only the delusional think we had a chance afterwards.
Are you even able to hold a conversation without calling someone names?

I'm not about to re-hash this old argument again nor look up the numbers, (and I strongly doubt you would actually take the time) but they were a few games out of the race and the most injured team in the league at the time. They were turning things around and getting bodies back. Saying they could have made the playoffs is anything but a reach. Saying the problem was "obviously" Martin is just blind hate for the guy. The team took a nose-dive to the bottom of the standings and was just a complete mess after he was fired yet he was obviously the problem?

Having said that, I don't mind the change in ideology and direction. I just think it was done at the worst possible time. I would have rather watch a playoff race than the worst debacle I have ever personally witnessed by a Habs team. They should have just kept status quo, or at least wait until he had a healthy team then at the end of the year if you want to move in another direction you do it.

Last edited by Jigger77: 01-10-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote