View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
What?

The fact we bombed last season has given us our best forward prospect since Saku Koivu. Had we kept status quo we'd be suffering another 5 yrs of mediocrity.

The Habs have some very good young players right now, we have a 5-10 year window to take advantage of most of them and we need to surround them. We still need 1 more top end forward prospect before I'm ready to start "buying".

A Gally-Barkov 1-2 punch would set us up for a long time.

I'd rather suffer through 2-3 years of being terrible and then be a perennial contender. We have the core to do this with a quick turnaround. Aiming to just make the playoffs was the reason why Gainey's tenure was so mediocre.
I don't disagree with that. Though I'm not going to get on any rookie bandwagon until I see what he does in the NHL. He does look like a special talent though.

And it's a matter of personal taste. I'd rather at least be in the playoffs than go through what Oilers fans are. But that's just me.

And my point was that I think we would have made the playoffs had they not fired Martin and that saying that is anything but delusional.

If you guys mean that Martin was the problem for not tanking then, yes, I agree

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote