View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Really? I think Kreider knows what kind of player he is. Outside of his speed, size and shot, his head is probably the best thing he has going for him. My main issue with Dubinsky was his tendency to try and dance and dangle when all he had to do was put his shoulder down and muscle a guy out of the way. I've never seen that with Kreider.

Having guys that can make stretch passes with aplomb is going to boost his production tremendously. All those times where we saw Gaborik find a seam in the D at the red line and catch a pass from Del Zotto are going to be mimicked by Kreider, IMO.

I also think Nash will be a great mentor for him.
I guess Im a bit soured by his AHL performance, thats all. I didnt see much of him with the Whale, but I dont think I can pin all of the lack of production due to his teammates. Is he a kid that only really turns it on against the best competition? Does he have the chops to play in the defensive/neutral zones? Was that what he was trying to learn in the AHL? Did his offense suffer because of it?

Im cautiously optmistic he'll be OK, but I have a lot of questions about him. The stuff on this board about how hes God's gift to the Rangers and going to be a 35/35 guy doesnt help either. I think expectations need to be tempered.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote