View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Hordichuk_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Maybe they are giving Wilson a chance to play somewhere next year? Not sure how many 19yr olds PG has.
I am sure they are giving him a place to play. Prince George needs all the help they can get. The have been playing under the maximum roster limit for a long time now. That team is riddled with injuries and players leaving the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor
The problem they had with Portland last year was keeping up with them.
That didn't seem to hurt the Oil Kings too much considering they won the Ed Chynoweth cup.

In fact what hurt Portland was their lack of toughness and grit. They had a soft skilled team. Portland made some changes in the off season and are certainly more gritty and tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor
They never had a problem with teams trying to run them out of the rink, either against Brandon or especially Moose Jaw.
Maybe that's because they have had a tough team, especially last season? My point being, losing Wilson (and Geertsen earlier this year) even Peddle to graduation makes them less gritty and tough. Not something I would want heading into the playoffs.

I'm not saying the Oil Kings won't be successful this season, but I wouldn't be getting rid of guys like Wilson, I'd be adding more guys with grit and toughness. Just my two cents.