View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I kind of just disagree with that. We have a fantastic LW in Ryan for the second line. The first line already has two all-star players on it - there really should be something in our system that works there well enough to be a decent complimentary player to those two. I'm optimistic that Palmieri will be that. But even if he isn't, Getzlaf and Perry really need to be able to be somewhat productive with even a weaker complimentary player on there - otherwise they are not doing their job to the degree they need to be able to, and to the degree they'll want to be paid to.

We really should be able to expect them to take guys like Palmieri, or DSP, or even Beleskey and make them better, instead of longing for an addition to make Getzlaf/Perry more productive.
Maybe they should produce more by themselves but history has shown us that they have been most successful with a top six forward with them (Ryan and Kunitz). Beleskey is not the answer there. That's been tried to many times and failed. I expect that spot next to them to occupied by one of Palmieri or DSP, and IMO neither are ready for such responsibility.

As for Holland, yes I fully expect him to be number two center. Why else would Murray identify center as his primary position we need to upgrade and then say he thought we had young guys that could do well there instead. If he meant Bonino then he's more stupid then I thought.

If he really intended Bonino to be ok as our 2nd line center, then he goes and spends 7 million dollars+ for our 4th and 5th defenseman, he's clueless. Terrible asset management.

My point is that as of now, our team has 4 top six forwards (Getz, Perry, Ryan, and Selanne). I don't think it's smart to ask two young guys to fill the other spots. I also don't think it's wrong to want at least 5 top six forwards going into a season.

Murray has done a fabulous job of leaving big holes on our team over the past few years, so I imagine this is where the hole will be this year.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote