View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
I find it amazing how the op posts something ridiculous and everyone runs with it for 3 pages.

If the canes are going to make a trade, they will NOT be moving their best defenseman or likely McBain either. Seriously, everybody go look at their defense and tell me they can afford to trade Pitkanen or McBain. We don't really have much in the way of prospects either, certainly no one who can replace either of those two right now. What the canes will likely do is make some room at forward by cutting loose someone like Anthony Stewart or Andreas Nodl who are really just warm bodies taking a spot from a more promising prospect. Only other thing I could see is moving Boucher or putting him on the IR if he's still not healthy and signing Dan Ellis.

They are NOT going to trade Pitkanen, though.
Sorry, but if we can trade McBain for a forward, he's definitely replaceable by Sangs or Gragnani (or Murphy, should his game translate better). Obviously, it'd have to be for the right forward, but I'd have no qualms about trading McBain if it improved the forward group (namely that 3rd line center role).

Pitkanen's another story altogether though. He's not replacable with anyone we have.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote