View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
His numbers in the NHL indicate that he is a back up goalie. I guess don't understand your argument. If you are saying he isn't a backup goalie because there were years he was not in the NHL, and because of that he is not an NHL caliber goalie, then I would say your argument is flawed considering he is currently the backup goalie on this team. If that is not your argument, then my argument is further bolstered by the fact that his stats while in the NHL average out to be stats that are in line with many of the backup goalies in the league.

I don't know the circumstances of his entire career. Was he injured? Who else was on the roster? There could be a number of reasons behind this. My only argument is that when in the NHL, his stats are that of a backup goalie. I therefore am predicting that his stats this year will be on par with that. Certainly it is possible he ***** the bed and gets sent down, never to be heard of again. On the hand, it is certainly possible that his numbers are the same as they have been throughout his career. Somewhere in the balpark of .900 SV% and 2.95 GAA. Not impressive, but good enough to be a backup.

As noted above, I think his numbers will be just like they have been over the course of his career. I am basing this on his career numbers. I know that basing future performance based on past performance is unrealistic, but I will stick with it. Once again, I could be wrong, but I think stats taken from a majority of a player's career are a better indicator than stats taken from a small portion of the same player's career.
there is not 1 thing in your post that doesn't make complete sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
I think Bryz has a bounce back year. .918-.920%
i'd take that ... considering his career numbers of .915 SV % 2.52 GAA