View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 05:34 PM
RedWingsLegacy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders View Post
As of now, you are very close to the floor and if you think you can handle $40M salary than I don't see an issue here. Rich, the league can always pump money in order to compensate the increase in mimimum cap.

I am sure you have noticed that there are few teams that are always at the top because they are able to retain top end talent given the max of $8M and NHL cap. If we are using the NHL Cap than we should use the actual salary and should eliminate $8M and bring in minimum cap.

The issue I have is that we force the team to match the NHL salary for low/mid level players (players making $8M or less) but we cap at $8M for high end talent (players like Crosby, Malkin etc). This creates an unfair advantage to toptier team while low end team are struggling to make a decent roster and can't get any players without paying more than market value.

By using the actual salary and cap, we will slowly eliminate this and will be more competitive all around the league.
Crosby makes 700k more than he does at 8mill cap infact only 1 player I can name makes over 9mill and that's Vinny though that's probably gone down now. Pittsburgh NHL has Fluery,Malkin,Crosby,Letang,Neal had Staal. WSH had Ovi semin backstrom green the argument of teams having to many top tier guys is moot cuz NHL teams are the same.

RedWingsLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote